1. Data controller
The entity responsible for the processing of your personal information is:
A Place To A/S
CVR-nr. 39 75 41 34
Charlottenlund Stationsplads 2
+ 45 71 99 19 45
2 description of the processing
When you sign up for a residence, our purpose of processing your personal information is to recruit potential tenants, including administration hereof and communication with you.
When we offer you a residence and you become a tenant, our purpose of processing your personal information is to rent out and manage our tenancies.
2.2 Categories of personal data
We only process ordinary personal data about you pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") article 6. We do not process special categories of personal data (art. 9) about you, e.g. health information, or information regarding criminal records (art. 10).
Further, we do not process information about your national identification number, unless you consent to it. We would typically ask for your consent, if you become a tenant.
We process the following ordinary personal data about you:
- Name, address, email, telephone number, birthday and gender for the purpose of setting up an user account for you and to prepare a rental agreement etc., if we offer you a residence
- Information about your interests, preferences, opinions etc. in order to find the right residence for you
- Information about payments
- Content related to your user account and your use of our services, e.g. IP address, location, your behaviour on our website and services etc.
- Information about contents of your social media accounts if you choose to connect your user account to your social media accounts
2.3 How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information from the following sources:
- Directly from you
- From your social media accounts
2.4 Legal basis for the processing
We process your personal information on the following legal bases.
2.4.2 GDPR art. 6(1)(f) - legitimate interests
When you sign up for a residence, and when you become a tenant, we process your personal data based on our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are.
- Recruitment, administration and communication with potential tenants
- Business operations, including optimization of services etc.
- Marketing, including sending out newsletters, hosting competitions etc.
2.4.2 GDPR art. 6(1)(b) - necessary for the performance of a contract
If we offer you a residence and you become a tenant, we will process your personal information pursuant to GDPR art. 6(1)(b) as we will need such information in order to enter into and comply with the rental agreement between us, e.g. preparation of the agreement and the rental
2.4.3 GDPR art. 6(1)(a) - consent
In some circumstances we process your personal information based on a consent from you.
Typically, this will happen in the following situations:
- a) If you consent to the processing of information about your national identification number (pursuant to the Danish Data Protection Act section 11) for the purpose of the lease, e.g. digital communication or disclosure to third parties such as utility companies
We may share your personal information with the following categories of recipients:
- Group entities
- Legal and financial advisors and (potential) investors in case of mergers and acquisitions and foregoing due diligence
- Suppliers, vendors and service providers, including IT-suppliers and technical support
- Financial institutions that we work with to assist our company
- Utility companies, property management and others related to the property you live in
2.6 Data retention
We will only retain your personal data as long as it is necessary pursuant to GDPR art. 5(1)(e).
As mentioned, our purposes are i) recruitment and administration of potential tenants, and ii) rental and administration of properties and tenancies.
Are you looking for a residence and have you signed up, we will retain your personal data for five years from the time you sign up for a place to live. Also remember that you can delete your user account yourself.
Are you a tenant, we will retain your personal information for 5 years from the time you move out of the property.
3 Mandatory information
The information marked with * are mandatory.
The consequence of not providing this information is that you cannot sign up for a residence or become a tenant.
4 TRANSFERS TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EU/EEA
In some cases, We will be transferring personal data to the following countries outside the EU/EEA:
Such transfers will take place on the basis of the following legal basis:
- a) The country has been deemed by the Commission of the European Union to have an adequate level of protection of personal data.
- through the use of "Model Contracts for the Transfer of Personal Data to Third Countries", as published by the Commission of the European Union, or any other contractual agreement approved by the competent authorities. You may obtain a copy of the contract/agreement by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- through the use of an approved code of conduct pursuant to Article 40 an approved certification mechanism pursuant to Article 42. You may obtain a copy of the code of conduct/certification document by contacting Us at email@example.com
5. your rights
You have the following rights:
- • You have the right to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data.
- • You also have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted.
- • If processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out before you withdrew your consent.
- • You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (data portability).
- • You may always lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, e.g. The Danish Data Protection Agency.
Furthermore, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data as follows.
- If processing of your personal data is based on article 6(1)(e) or article 6(1)(f), see above regarding legal basis, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal data.
- Where your personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data about you for such marketing.
You can withdraw your consent and take steps to exercise your rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There may be conditions or limitations on these rights. It is therefore not certain for example you have the right of data portability in the specific case - this depends on the specific circumstances of the processing activity.